Monday, June 26, 2006

Answering some scion hood questions






Took a new XB hood and a Celica GT hood, and with a little cutting and welding, ended up with this.
The first thing I had to do was remove the center from the celica hood. I did this by basically running a pin stripe from back to front about a quarter of an inch from where the center dips in. Then, I cut that section out. After this was done, I took the celica center, turned it upside down so it would set flat on top of the XB hood. I measured from side to side to make sure it was centered and lined the back of the celica piece with the back of the XB hood. I took a marker and traced the outline. Then I took off a cut off wheel and proceeded to cut on the inside of the line until the center of the XB hood was cut out. Then I took the celica center and began welding it in starting at the back of the hood. Slowly working my way forward having to grind a little here and there to make the two sections fit as close as possible. Then comes the hard part. Filler, primer and a lot of sanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home